Title: Regional Project Manager
Organization: Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op
Location: based in Dryden, with work throughout the region, Ontario
The Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op is the first on-line co-op in Northwestern Ontario. Incorporated as a non-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative in 2013, we strengthen local food security and rural sustainability by encouraging local production of a diverse range of foods and consumer products.
CLFC strives to foster a thriving local food community by: cultivating & facilitating farmer-consumer relationships; promoting the enjoyment of naturally grown, fairly priced, healthy food; and providing education & resources regarding environmentally sensitive agriculture.
With a growing membership which already exceeds 500 consumers, producers, and community organizations, CLFC’s primary goals are to increase sales of locally produced food and products, support environmentally friendly & sustainable farming practices in our area, and encourage cohesion amongst individuals and organizations who wish to support local food production.
We are seeking a project manager to oversee a Regional Food Mapping & Distribution Project for an 18 month minimum term.
1. Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op Regional Project Manager
a. Terms of Reference (TOR)
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will implement a project on Mapping Local Food Systems in Northwestern Ontario.
General description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in the implementation of the project in the Northewestern Ontario region
- Prepare, coordinate and manage detailed work plans/budget of the project
- Monitor and ensure the quality and timeliness of the execution of project work plans, reporting, and deliverables
- Work in collaboration with Steering Advisory Committee (SAC)
- Plan and execute Stakeholder Advisory Committees (SAC) Meetings and Minutes
- Execute the environmental scan process with support from students researchers/volunteers
- Execute the asset and resource mapping process
- Assist in the identifying and hiring process of consultants
- Plan and execute the project communications & outreach plan
- Plan and execute the project information & knowledge management plan
- Oversee the development of the geo-spatial web modeling tool
- Plan events and capacity-building activities-workshops/training/demonstrations
- Project report writing
- Establish and maintain effective links with of the project partners, faculty members and ensure their involvement and ownership at all levels of the implementation of the project
- Oversee logistics and administration with support staff
- Execute project exit plan
- Perform other related duties as required
- Advanced university degree in agriculture sciences, rural development, natural resources, or related fields and/or
- At least 7 years’ experience in senior project management and coordination position in a related development and community engagement project, and
- Experience with research methodology and concepts
- Experience working with information and knowledge management
- Ability to plan and manage events
- Ability to develop and execute communications plan
- Working in team environment and defining and achieving set up targets
- Demonstrated capacity to support, advise and guide institutional building processes
- Capacity to liaise and effectively work with various partners
- Strong managerial/leadership and decision making-skills, interpersonal skill, commitment to team work and working across disciplines and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English
Please email applications in confidence to:
or mail to:
Jen Springett c/o PACE
Dryden, ON P8N 2Z3
Deadline for applications: March 31st, 2015
Applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and presentation.