So simple to make! Only 4 ingredients and very little hands on time fora delicious product!
- 400 gr (2 + ⅔ cups) LoonSong Farm Stone-ground spelt flour*
- 2 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of dried instant yeast
- 300 ml (1 + ½ cup + 3 tbsp) of lukewarm water
- Mix the flour and yeast together in a big bowl
- Dissolve salt in the water and add that mixture to the dry ingredients and stir briefly, just until it has combined
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rise slowly over 12-14 hours at room temperature
- After the dough has risen dramatically, and is all bubbly and sticky, flour your work surface
- Pour/scrape it out of the bowl and with well flowered hands you shape the dough into a ball
- Place this in a lightly greased bowl and leave to rise for about an hour
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 250C/480F WITH a cast iron pot, including the lid, inside. (he pot needs to get just as hot as the oven before you put in the dough)
- After the hour of extra rise, place the dough inside the hot pot and cover it with the lid
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on
- After 30 minutes, take the lid off and bake for another 15 minutes, if the crust is already very brown, turn the heat down by 50 C / 120 F.
- Take the bread out of the oven and let it cool a bit
- You can test if the bread is well baked by tapping on the bottom of the bread, if it sounds hollow, it’s done!